How to make PostreSQL utilities honor home directories?

От Jeffrey Walton
Тема How to make PostreSQL utilities honor home directories?
Дата
Re: How to make PostreSQL utilities honor home directories?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: How to make PostreSQL utilities honor home directories?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Re: How to make PostreSQL utilities honor home directories?  (Peter <pmc@citylink.dinoex.sub.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi Everyone,

We are having a heck of a time getting PostreSQL utilities to honor
home directories. For example, when I execute this script:

    sudo -H -u postgres PGPASSWORD=${password} \
        psql -h "${hostname}" -U "${username}" -d "${database}" \
        --command="..."

It produces failures:

    could not change directory to "/home/jwalton/godojo": Permission denied

/home/jwalton is my home directory. The postgres user does not have
access to my stuff. The postgres user's home directory is
/var/lib/pgsql .

Reading through the `psql --help` options and searching on the web is
not turning up any hits.

We are also observing the errors when using pg_isready .

How to make PostreSQL utilities honor home directories?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff