Re: BUG #15609: synchronous_commit=off insert performance regressionwith secondary indexes

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: BUG #15609: synchronous_commit=off insert performance regressionwith secondary indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 2:45 PM Saul, Jean Paolo
<paolo.saul@verizonconnect.com> wrote:
> The last post was too long. I think I have a much more simpler example that is easier to replicate.

This new example is very similar to examples that I have personally
come up with. I have no difficulty explaining why the case with lots
of duplicates is slower, so it doesn't really help.

I cannot account for why you can observe a difference across Postgres
versions, though -- that's what I'm having difficulty with. Are you
sure about that effect? There haven't been any directly relevant
changes in this area in many years.

--
Peter Geoghegan