Re: Maintaining a list of pgindent commits for "git blame" to ignore

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Maintaining a list of pgindent commits for "git blame" to ignore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 4:40 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Good question.  We don't have a standard about that (whether to
> do those in separate or the same commits), but we could establish one
> if it seems helpful.

I don't think that it matters too much, but it will necessitate
updating the file multiple times. It might become natural to just do
everything together in a way that it wasn't before.

The really big wins come from excluding the enormous pgindent run
commits, especially for the few historic pgindent runs where the rules
changed -- there are no more than a handful of those. They tend to
generate an enormous amount of churn that touches almost everything.
So it probably isn't necessary to worry about smaller things.

--
Peter Geoghegan