Re: pgsql: Add deduplication to nbtree.

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: pgsql: Add deduplication to nbtree.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Sun, Mar 1, 2020 at 10:24 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I can see its point: asserting after the fact that you didn't clobber
> memory isn't a terribly safe coding method, especially in a production
> build where you won't even have the asserts.  Not sure if there's a
> better way though.

I found it slightly more elegant to treat itup->t_tid as a degenerate
1 element posting list here, but I'm not particularly attached to that
approach. The loop is only truly necessary when dealing with a posting
list tuple.

Do you think that _bt_update_posting() should avoid this loop when
itup is just a plain tuple, that lacks a posting list? I can do it
that way if you prefer.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add deduplication to nbtree.
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add deduplication to nbtree.