Re: Tips on committing

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Tips on committing
Дата
Re: Tips on committing  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:14 PM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> My rule has been to add to my private checklist anytime I mail or push a patch
> containing a readily-checkable mistake.  I go through the checklist before
> mailing or pushing any patch.  It has things in common with your list, plus
> these:
>
> * Validate err*() calls against https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/error-style-guide.html
> * Validate *printf calls for trailing newlines
>
> * Spellcheck the patch
>
> * Verify long lines are not better broken
> git diff origin/master | grep -E '^(\+|diff)' | sed 's/^+//' | expand -t4 | awk "length > 78 || /^diff/"
>
> * Run pgindent on changed files; keep the changes I made necessary
>
> * Update version numbers, if needed
> CATALOG_VERSION_NO, PG_CONTROL_VERSION, XLOG_PAGE_MAGIC, PGSTAT_FILE_FORMAT_ID

I'm going to use some of these, myself.

>> I'll try to do that, but I'd still recommend personalizing it. A lot
>> of the stuff in there is specific to my own workflow and tool
>> preferences, and my own personal working style.
>
> I agree we won't all want the exact same checklist.  Still, it wouldn't hurt
> to have a wiki page of checklist entry ideas from which folks cherry-pick the
> entries they like.

You've convinced me that we should definitely have such a list. I've
put it on my TODO list.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] autovacuum can't keep up, bloat just continues to rise
От: Haribabu Kommi
Сообщение: Re: Accounting of zero-filled buffers in EXPLAIN (BUFFERS)