Re: pg15b2: large objects lost on upgrade

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: pg15b2: large objects lost on upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 1:47 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Again, this seems to me to be breaking the test's real-world applicability
> for a (false?) sense of stability.

I agree.

A lot of the VACUUM test flappiness issues we've had to deal with in
the past now seem like problems with VACUUM itself, the test's design,
or both. For example, why should we get a totally different
pg_class.reltuples because we couldn't get a cleanup lock on some
page? Why not just make sure to give the same answer either way,
which happens to be the most useful behavior to the user? That way
the test isn't just targeting implementation details.

--
Peter Geoghegan