Re: check_strxfrm_bug()

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: check_strxfrm_bug()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 2:48 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> +1.  I wonder if we should go further and get rid of TRUST_STRXFRM
> and the not-so-trivial amount of code around it (pg_strxfrm_enabled
> etc).  Carrying that indefinitely in the probably-vain hope that
> the libraries will become trustworthy seems rather pointless.
> Besides, if such a miracle does occur, we can dig the code out
> of our git history.

+1 for getting rid of TRUST_STRXFRM.

ICU-based collations (which aren't affected by TRUST_STRXFRM) are
becoming the de facto standard (possibly even the de jure standard).
So even if we thought that the situation with strxfrm() had improved,
we'd still have little motivation to do anything about it.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: Scans are offloaded to SeqScan instead of CustomScan when there are multiple relations in the same query
Сообщение: Re: Scans are offloaded to SeqScan instead of CustomScan when there are multiple relations in the same query