Re: Confine vacuum skip logic to lazy_scan_skip

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Confine vacuum skip logic to lazy_scan_skip
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 8, 2024 at 11:00 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> Seems like it might be possible to simplify/consolidate the VM-setting
> code that's now located at the end of lazy_scan_prune. Perhaps the two
> distinct blocks that call visibilitymap_set() could be combined into
> one.

FWIW I think that my error here might have had something to do with
hallucinating that the code already did things that way.

At the time this went in, I was working on a patchset that did things
this way (more or less). It broke the dependency on
all_visible_according_to_vm entirely, which simplified the
set-and-check-VM code that's now at the end of lazy_scan_prune.

Not sure how practical it'd be to do something like that now (not
offhand), but something to consider.

--
Peter Geoghegan