Re: pgsql: Add pgindent commit to git-blame-ignore-revs file.

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: pgsql: Add pgindent commit to git-blame-ignore-revs file.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 9:43 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> ... and now that I look at running that command, I notice that the date
> format it generates for me is different from what it did for you:

This is because our global git configs differ.

> Is it worth documenting whatever is causing the output to be this?
> I'm sure many of us would be bothered if the date format was not always
> the same in future entries.

I handled this in passing by making the instructions specify
"--date=iso", just for consistency. It's now:

git log --pretty=format:"%H # %cd %n# %s" $PGINDENTGITHASH -1 --date=iso

This shows the pgindent-commit author's timestamp in the author's own
timezone, plus ISO format. I believe that this addresses your concern.

I'll consider the question of changing exactly how things are
documented and hook into the release process separately, in my
response to Tom.

--
Peter Geoghegan