Re: Overhauling "Routine Vacuuming" docs, particularly its handling of freezing

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Overhauling "Routine Vacuuming" docs, particularly its handling of freezing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 8:04 PM John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Oh that's rich. I'll note that 5% of your review was actually helpful (actual correction), the other 95% was needless
distractiontrying to enlist me in your holy crusade against the term "wraparound". It had the opposite effect.

I went back and checked. There were exactly two short paragraphs about
wraparound terminology on the thread associated with the patch you're
working on, towards the end of this one email:

https://postgr.es/m/CAH2-Wzm2fpPQ_=pXpRvkNiuTYBGTAUfxRNW40kLitxj9T3Ny7w@mail.gmail.com

In what world does that amount to 95% of my review, or anything like it?

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Perform streaming logical transactions by background workers and parallel apply
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: ssl tests aren't concurrency safe due to get_free_port()