create database from template requires the source database to be unused

От Tim Uckun
Тема create database from template requires the source database to be unused
Дата
Re: create database from template requires the source database to be unused  (Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I am sure this is intended behavior but it seems odd (and inconvenient) to me.

create database tim_test_copy template tim_test

ERROR:  source database "tim_test" is being accessed by other users
DETAIL:  There are 1 other session(s) using the database.

I would presume only reads are required from tim_test but apparently I
have to resort to pg_dump and pg_restore to clone an active database.