Re: Commitfest 2024-01 first week update

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: Commitfest 2024-01 first week update
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 4, 2024 at 6:51 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> We should do something about these kinds of entries, there were few
> suggestions like tagging under a new category or so, can we add a new
> status to park these entries something like "Waiting for direction".
> The threads which have no discussion for 6 months or so can be flagged
> to this new status and these can be discussed in one of the developer
> meetings or so and conclude on these items.

See also [1], with a patch suggestion. IIRC, there was also related
discussion on making the "resurrection" process single-step so that
you don't lose history, per Alvaro's concern.

--Jacob

[1] https://postgr.es/m/flat/CAAWbhmjM6hn_3sjVBUyqVKysWVAtsBOkaNt01QF3AMOCunuKMg%40mail.gmail.com