Re: Ubuntu bionic (18.04) moving to apt-archive.postgresql.org

От Aaron Pavely
Тема Re: Ubuntu bionic (18.04) moving to apt-archive.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 4:15 PM Don Seiler <don@seiler.us> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 3:18 PM Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
Re: Don Seiler
> > deb https://apt-archive.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt bionic-pgdg main
>
> Would this just be an issue for new installations on bionic? i.e. my
> current fleet of bionic DB servers would continue to operate, just no
> updates (which there haven't been any since May anyway)? We're in the
> middle of our migration to Ubuntu jammy but it'll be a couple months yet.

New installations should just work with the above sources line.

Yes, of course. I meant to ask if an existing bionic VM with PG already installed and running would see any issues if they don't make any adjustments at all.

This depends. PostgreSQL itself won't mind this one bit, but since the package repository won't exist any longer (i.e., broken), when running 'apt-get update', some processes will take that status as an error in package management.

This may break automation if the automation depends on _all_ repositories functioning properly. For instance, you may see this as an issue if adding the host to Canonical's ESM repositories. Chef/Puppet/Ansible/etc. might not like it, either.
--
Aaron