Re: High QPS, random index writes and vacuum

От peter plachta
Тема Re: High QPS, random index writes and vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thank you David -- I increased this to 1GB as well (seeing as that was the max). We are doing mostly single passes now.

On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 7:40 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 at 12:35, peter plachta <pplachta@gmail.com> wrote:
> I increased work_mem to 2Gb

maintenance_work_mem is the configuration option that vacuum uses to
control how much memory it'll make available for storage of dead
tuples. I believe 1GB would allow 178,956,970 tuples to be stored
before multiple passes would be required. The chunk of memory for dead
tuple storage is capped at 1GB.

David

Сообщение: Re: High QPS, random index writes and vacuum
Сообщение: Re: High QPS, random index writes and vacuum