Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance

От Claudio Freire
Тема Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 8:03 PM, Craig James <cjames@emolecules.com> wrote:
>> > But again ... the two systems are identical.  This can't explain it.
>>
>> Is the read-ahead the same in both systems?
>

> Yes, as I said in the original reply (it got cut off from your reply): "Same
> on both servers."

Oh, yes. Google collapsed it. Wierd.

Anyway, sequential I/O isn't the same in both servers, and usually you
don't get full sequential performance unless you bump up the
read-ahead. I'm still betting on that for the difference in sequential
performance.

As for pgbench, I'm not sure, but I think pgbench doesn't really
stress sequential performance. You seem to be getting bad queueing
performance. Did you check NCQ status on the RAID controller? Is it on
on both servers?

Сообщение: Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance
Сообщение: Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance