Re: POC: Extension for adding distributed tracing - pg_tracing

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: POC: Extension for adding distributed tracing - pg_tracing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 12 Mar 2024, 23:45 Anthonin Bonnefoy, <anthonin.bonnefoy@datadoghq.com> wrote:

> - I don't think it's a good idea to do memory allocations in the middle of a
> PG_CATCH. If the error was due to out-of-memory, you'll throw another error.
Good point. I was wondering what were the risks of generating spans
for errors. I will try to find a better way to handle this.

The usual approach is to have pre-allocated memory. This must actually be written (zeroed usually) or it might be lazily allocated only on page fault. And it can't be copy on write memory allocated once in postmaster startup then inherited by fork.

That imposes an overhead for every single postgres backend. So maybe there's a better solution.

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
От: "Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)"
Сообщение: RE: Race condition in FetchTableStates() breaks synchronization of subscription tables