Re: Add new protocol message to change GUCs for usage with future protocol-only GUCs

От Jelte Fennema-Nio
Тема Re: Add new protocol message to change GUCs for usage with future protocol-only GUCs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 at 17:20, Jelte Fennema-Nio <me@jeltef.nl> wrote:
> So to be clear, if you consider 0008 the most controversial/risky part
> of this patchset (which it sounds like that's the case). I'd be fine
> with removing that for now.

I haven't removed 0008 yet, since I'd like some feedback first if that
makes sense. But I did add two new patches in the middle of the
patchset (which shift the later patch numbers by 2):

0007: Adds a new \parameterset meta-command to psql to be able to more
easily test the new ParameterSet message

0008: Shows warning in psql if the server is not supporting the newest
protocol version.

Вложения