Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`

От Jelte Fennema-Nio
Тема Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 at 23:23, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 11:10:31AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > > Is this really a patch we think we can push into PG 17. I am having my
> > > doubts.
> >
> > If the worst thing that happens in PG 17 is that we push a patch that
> > needs a few documentation corrections, we're going to be doing
> > fabulously well.
>
> My point is that we are designing the user API in the last weeks of the
> commitfest, which usually ends badly for us, and the fact the docs were
> not even right in the patch just reenforces that concern.

This user API is exactly the same as the original patch from Gabriele
in September (apart from enable->allow). And we spent half a year
discussing other designs for the user API. So I disagree that we're
designing the user API in the last weeks of the commitfest.