Re: Deleting prepared statements from libpq.

От Jelte Fennema
Тема Re: Deleting prepared statements from libpq.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 19 Jun 2023 at 01:57, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> +static int
> +PQsendClose(PGconn *conn, char close_type, const char *close_target)
>
> Could it be better for this code path to issue an error if using a
> non-supported close_type rather than sending it?  Okay, you are
> consistent with desc_type and PQsendDescribe(), just asking if it is
> worth doing something about.

Since it's not a publicly exposed function, I think it's fine as is.
Seems easy enough to make sure libpq itself doesn't call it with
unsupported arguments. And even if someone would do that accidentally,
the server would report an error.

> Perhaps there should be some tests for the two async routines, as
> well?

Done

I also fixed all the typos/docs changes you and Jian mentioned, as
well as improving some of the new docs myself.