Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Jelte Fennema
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 at 17:47, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> OK, but I'd like to hear from more people about what they want. Experience tells me that making assumptions about how
peoplework is not a good idea. I doubt anyone's work pattern is like mine. I don't want to implement an option that
threepeople are going to use.

In the general case I agree with you. But in this specific case I
don't. To me the whole point of this email thread is to nudge people
towards indenting the changes that they are committing. Thus indenting
those changes (either before or after adding) is the workflow that we
want to make as easy as possible. Because even if it's not people
their current workflow, by adding the flag it hopefully becomes their
workflow, because it's so easy to use. So my point is we want to
remove as few hurdles as possible for people to indent their changes
(and setting up git aliases or pre-commit hooks are all hurdles).

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: proposal: psql: psql variable BACKEND_PID
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: permission info at index 1 ....