Accessing base table relational names via RelOptInfo

От Walter Cai
Тема Accessing base table relational names via RelOptInfo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I hope this is the appropriate list to send this to.

Context:

I (grad student) am trying to insert my own cardinality estimates into the optimizer

What I need to do to get there:

I want to be able to programmatically access the relation names inside from inside the calc_joinrel_size_estimate method (in costsize.c) using the RelOptInfo *outer_rel, RelOptInfo *inner_rel arguments. I'm pretty sure I need to use the Relids relids variables in the RelOptInfo struct but I'm not sure where to go from there.

Any help would be much appreciated

Best, Walter