installation of postgis34_15 on Rocky Linux 8 fails

От 변석현
Тема installation of postgis34_15 on Rocky Linux 8 fails
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
dear postgresql repo team.

I am trying to install Rocky Linux 8, postgresql15, and postgis34_15.

It seems that armadillo was recently updated from version 10 to version 12 in epel 8.
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/8/Everything/x86_64/Packages/a/
(Modified date is 2024-01-03)

Postgresql15-server installation goes well.
However, if you try to install postgis34_15 as shown below,

dnf install postgis34_15

The following error occurs:

conflicting requests
   - nothing provides libarmadillo.so.10()(64bit) needed by gdal36-libs-3.6.5-4.rhel8.x86_64 from pgdg-common

Even if you arbitrarily obtain armadillo.so.10 rpm and install it manually, installation is impossible due to hdf5 library dependency conflict.

I think gdal36-libs needs to be rebuilt using the latest version of armadillo, 12. Could you please build it for me?

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/common/redhat/rhel-8-x86_64/gdal36-3.6.4-4PGDG.rhel8.x86_64.rpm
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/common/redhat/rhel-8-x86_64/gdal36-3.6.4-5PGDG.rhel8.x86_64.rpm

I think there are people experiencing the same problem as me.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/77811708/installation-of-postgis33-15-on-rocky-linux-8-fails

please help me

best regards