Re: An improved README experience for PostgreSQL

От Andrew Atkinson
Тема Re: An improved README experience for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks for the feedback Nathan and Tom. Samay also suggested adding the patch. I've added a .patch with the file for consideration.

On Mon, Feb 26, 2024 at 2:30 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> writes:
> I think this would be nice.  If the Markdown version is reasonably readable
> as plain-text, maybe we could avoid maintaining two READMEs files, too.
> But overall, +1 to modernizing the README a bit.

Per past track record, we change the top-level README only once every
three years or so, so I doubt it'd be too painful to maintain two
versions of it.

Having said that, any proposal for this ought to be submitted as
a patch, rather than expecting people to go digging around on
some other repo.

                        regards, tom lane
Вложения