Re: 600 million rows of data. Bad hardware or need partitioning?

От Arya F
Тема Re: 600 million rows of data. Bad hardware or need partitioning?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 5:21 AM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:

> I mentioned in February and March that you should plan to set shared_buffers
> to fit the indexes currently being updated.

The following command gives me

select pg_size_pretty (pg_indexes_size('test_table'));
 pg_size_pretty
 5216 MB
(1 row)

So right now, the indexes on that table are taking about 5.2 GB, if a
machine has 512 GB of RAM and SSDs, is it safe to assume I can achieve
the same update that takes 1.5 minutes in less than 5 seconds while
having 600 million rows of data without partitioning?

Сообщение: Re: 600 million rows of data. Bad hardware or need partitioning?
Сообщение: Re: 600 million rows of data. Bad hardware or need partitioning?