Re: Obsolete comment in postgres_fdw.c

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: Obsolete comment in postgres_fdw.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 9:05 AM, Etsuro Fujita <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
Hi,

Here is the comments for foreign_join_ok in postgres_fdw.c:

/*
 * Assess whether the join between inner and outer relations can be
pushed down
 * to the foreign server. As a side effect, save information we obtain
in this
 * function to PgFdwRelationInfo passed in.
 *
 * Joins that satisfy conditions below are safe to push down.
 *
 * 1) Join type is INNER or OUTER (one of LEFT/RIGHT/FULL)
 * 2) Both outer and inner portions are safe to push-down
 * 3) All foreign tables in the join belong to the same foreign server
and use
 *    the same user mapping.
 * 4) All join conditions are safe to push down
 * 5) No relation has local filter (this can be relaxed for INNER JOIN,
if we
 *    can move unpushable clauses upwards in the join tree).
 */

The condition 3 is now checked by the core, so I'd like to remove that
condition from the above comments.

It was left there intentionally to document all the conditions in one place (some from the core and some from the FDW itself), for a ready reference. In case tomorrow core thinks that matching user mapping is not required, postgres_fdw would still require it to be incorporated.

In addition, I'd like to update some related comments in
src/include/nodes/relation.h and src/backend/optimizer/path/joinpath.c.

Those look fine. Sorry for missing those in the commit and thanks for providing a patch for the same.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat