Re: BUG #18195: PL/pgSQL: invalid syntax allowed in SELECT INTO statement

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: BUG #18195: PL/pgSQL: invalid syntax allowed in SELECT INTO statement
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi

st 15. 11. 2023 v 8:23 odesílatel Pavel Kulakov <paul.kulakov@systematica.ru> napsal:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your answer.
I set plpgsql.extra_errors = 'strict_multi_assignment'

Now, how to explain the following working?

do $sql$
declare
   _n int; _s text;
begin
   select 1 into _n _s;
   raise notice '_n = %, _s = %', _n, _s;
end;
$sql$;

looks so parser is not sensitive to garbage after variable name

(2023-11-15 08:27:11) postgres=# do $sql$
declare
   _n int; _s text;
begin
   select 1 into _n somegarbage;