Re: IF (NOT) EXISTS in psql-completion

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: IF (NOT) EXISTS in psql-completion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi, Pavel.

At Tue, 29 Mar 2016 09:59:01 +0200, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote in <CAFj8pRDEPgGyMz2aXgTL33PuD7X+xieaO++wa+V9nQPQiYDMGQ@mail.gmail.com>

> > As mentioned before, upper-lower problem is an existing
> > issue. The case of the words in a query result list cannot be
> > edited since it may contain words that should not be changed,
> > such as relation names. So we can address it only before issueing
> > a query but I haven't found simple way to do it.
> >

> This is unpleasant. I am sorry. I had very uncomfortable feeling from this
> behave. I am thinking so it should be solvable - you have to convert only
> keyword IF EXISTS or IF NOT EXISTS. Maybe there are not trivial solution,
> but this should be fixed.

I understand that and feel the same. But I don't want to put
puzzling code. Defining a macro enable this by writing as the
following.

puzzle is wrong, but nonconsistent behave is not acceptable

Regards

Pavel

>    else if (Matches2("ALTER", "TABLE"))
>        COMPLETE_WITH_SCHEMA_QUERY(
>            Query_for_list_of_tables,
>            ADDLIST("",
>                    "('IF EXISTS'), ('ALL IN TABLESPACE')",
>                    "('if exists'), ('all in tablespace')"));
>     else if (Matches2("ALTER", "POLICY"))
>         COMPLETE_WITH_QUERY(
>             ADDLIST(Query_for_list_of_policies,
>                     "('IF EXISTS')", "('if exists')"));

This will work as you expects but it looks quite redundant, but
avoiding dynamic string (and/or malloc) operation would lead to
the similar results. Integrating the ADDLIST into
COMPLETE... might make the situation better.

The attached patch does it only for "ALTER TABLE" and "ALTER
POLICY".

> > Thank you very much.

> > These are not done. Each of them has issues to be addressed
> > before adding completion of IF EXISTS.

> > Done.

> > I don't see the syntax "drop text search [if exists]".  drop text
> > search (configuration|dictionary|parser|template) are already
> > addressed.
> >

> ok, probably my mistake. I am sorry.

> > "drop user" was not completed with "mapping". I added it then
> > addressed this. (This might be another issue.)

> > Done if it is mentioning DROP COLUMN. But new two macros
> > HeadMatches6 and 7 are introduced together.

> > DROP SEQUENCE is already completed with IF EXISTS. CREATE [TEMP]
> > SEQUENCE with IF NOT EXISTS is added.
> >
> > > Do you have an idea of when you will have a new patch ready?
> >
> > Sorry to to have been late. The attached is the revised version.
> >

> I'll check it today.

Thanks.

regards,

--