Re: Remove source code display from \df+?

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Remove source code display from \df+?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

út 17. 1. 2023 v 20:29 odesílatel Isaac Morland <isaac.morland@gmail.com> napsal:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2023 at 12:06, Isaac Morland <isaac.morland@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks everybody. So based on the latest discussion I will:

1) rename the column from “Source code” to “Internal name”; and
2) change the contents to NULL except when the language (identified by oid) is INTERNAL or C.

Patch forthcoming, I hope.

I've attached a patch for this. It turns out to simplify the existing code in one way because the recently added call to pg_get_function_sqlbody() is no longer needed since it applies only to SQL functions, which will now display as a blank column.

I implemented the change and was surprised to see that no tests failed. Turns out that while there are several tests for \df, there were none for \df+. I added a couple, just using \df+ on some functions that appear to me to be present on plain vanilla Postgres.

I was initially concerned about translation support for the column heading, but it turns out that \dT+ already has a column with the exact same name so it appears we don’t need any new translations.

I welcome comments and feedback. Now to try to find something manageable to review.

looks well

you miss update psql documentation

If the form \df+ is used, additional information about each function is shown, including volatility, parallel safety, owner, security classification, access privileges, language, source code and description.

you should to assign your patch to commitfest app

Regards

Pavel