Re: Assertion failure while streaming toasted data

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: Assertion failure while streaming toasted data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 3:33 PM Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:

>> The attached patch should fix the issue, now the output is like below
>>

> Thanks. This looks fine to me. We should still be able to stream multi-insert transactions (COPY) as and when the
copybuffer becomes full and is flushed. That seems to be a reasonable restriction to me.

> We should incorporate the regression test in the final patch. I am not entirely sure if what I have done is
acceptable(or even works in all scenarios). We could possibly have a long list of tuples instead of doing the
exponentialmagic. Or we should consider lowering the min value for logical_decoding_work_mem and run these tests with a
muchlower value. In fact, that's how I caught the problem in the first place. I had deliberately lowered the value to
1kBso that streaming code kicks in very often and even for small transactions.

Thanks for confirming, I will come up with the test and add that to
the next version of the patch.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

От: Pavan Deolasee
Сообщение: Re: Assertion failure while streaming toasted data
От: Bharath Rupireddy