Re: Small issues with CREATE TABLE COMPRESSION

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: Small issues with CREATE TABLE COMPRESSION
Дата
Re: Small issues with CREATE TABLE COMPRESSION  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 5:35 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Wed, May 05, 2021 at 09:59:41AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > TAP tests have a facility for conditionally skipping tests; see
> > perldoc Test::More. That's actually superior to what you can do with
> > pg_regress. We'd need to come up with some logic to determine when to
> > skip or not, though. Perhaps the easiest method would be to have the
> > relevant Perl script try to create a table with an lz4 column. If that
> > works, then perform the LZ4-based tests. If it fails, check the error
> > message. If it says anything that LZ4 is not supported by this build,
> > skip those tests. If it says anything else, die.
>
> There is a simpler and cheaper method to make the execution of TAP
> test conditional.  As in src/test/ssl/t/002_scram.pl for channel
> binding, I think that you could use something like
> check_pg_config("#define HAVE_LIBLZ4 1") and use its result to decide
> which tests to skip or not.

Thanks, Robert and Michael for your input.  I will try to understand
how it is done in the example shared by you and come up with the test
once I get time.  I assume this is not something urgent.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar