Re: User management functionality patch [pgadmin4]

От Harshal Dhumal
Тема Re: User management functionality patch [pgadmin4]
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

PFA updated patch for user management.

--
Harshal Dhumal
Software Engineer

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 5:51 PM, Surinder Kumar <surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Harshal,

Please find the review comments so far:

Issues:
1. The UI design doesn't look interactive, especially add new user button.
Moved to TODO

2. In requirements.txt, while adding new dependent library the name of library and version should be separate by '==' instead of '--'
Fixed

3. Under File menu, "Users" menu item should not be visible for non-admin users. For now it is only disabled.
Moved to TODO

4. Change role of admin user to non-admin user, then navigate to File > Users. It doesn't show users in Dialog and Add user doesn't work. Instead it is better to reload the page. Please find attached screenshot.

Moved to TODO (We can write code to reload the page but we have "onbeforeunload" listener on window which is preventing page reload unless user clicks on "Leave page" button).

5. The data grid content should fill the unnecessary gap above the footer.
Moved to TODO (This is generic issue as I'm using common dialog)

6. The title of delete user confirmation dialog should be "Delete user ?", instead of "Delete User".
Fixed

7. The Edit and Delete column shouldn't be sortable.
Moved to TODO (This issue exist throughout the application)

8. Columns 'creation time' & 'last modified' are missing.

Moved to TODO. (We are not recording these user properties at this stage. The purpose of User management functionality is to only update existing user properties, add user and delete user.)

9. Password should have validation of minimum number of characters.
Fixed

Can be added into TODO list:
1. There is no way to search a user by name or email id.
2. Pagination should be there if there are large number of users.
3. There should be a way of notifying the user once its password is changed by any administrator.
4. We can add 'created by' column.
All of above 4 Moved to TODO.

5. One administrator shouldn't have privilege to modify the details of other administrator.
This is the role of super admin.
As per my offline discussion with Ashesh we don't need this.

Thanks
Surinder Kumar