Re: [ANNOUNCE] Save the Date: PgConf Silicon Valley 2016

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: [ANNOUNCE] Save the Date: PgConf Silicon Valley 2016
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 11:25 PM, Hanna Wischmann <hanna@citusdata.com> wrote:

> Save the Date: PgConf Silicon Valley 2016
> On November 14-16, we will hold the 2nd annual independent, multi-day PostgreSQL conference in the Bay Area. Building on the great feedback we received from last year's event where 270+ people attended and more than 30 talks were presented, we've extended the conference to three days for the benefit of the whole community. The conference will include a day of tutorials from Postgres experts and two days of breakout sessions covering topics ranging from new PostgreSQL features to scaling out PostgreSQL for performance and tales from the trenches.
>
> More details on the conference and the call for papers will be announced soon. Check out www.pgconfsv.com and stay tuned!

Hey guys, really??? Again you'll hurt us scheduling an important PostgreSQL event in the same period of other important event PGBR (The Brazilian PostgreSQL Conference)??

Didn't you guys look at the event wiki page [1] to check if there are other important event at the same period?? We booked the PGBR on wiki in December 15, 2015 to occur November 16-18, 2016.

I'm complain again because this conflict already occurs last year... you all knows the difficult is to run a community event because the sponsors, international speakers schedule, etc.

Regards,

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Events

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello