Re: Hooks for session start and end, take two

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: Hooks for session start and end, take two
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 1:35 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> [...]
>
> In this state I think this patch should be flat out rejected.

Ok.

> I'm seriously baffled at how this stuff is being pursued aggressively,
> quite apparently without any serious design considerations. I mean this
> stuff had to be backed out twice, yet it's being reproposed without much
> consideration for concerns?

And what if (again) for the first version of session start hook we do it just for:
- client backends
- background workers

For sure we'll need new design, but for now I'm can't imagine a use case for sessions different than listed above.

Regards,

--
   Fabrízio de Royes Mello         Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/