Re: Dependencies for PostGIS 3.4 for PG v16 on Fedora 38 seem wrong

От Timothy Kempisty - NOAA Federal
Тема Re: Dependencies for PostGIS 3.4 for PG v16 on Fedora 38 seem wrong
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
I am having similar problems on the RHEL8 repo.  Everything is broken.  Multiple geos dependencies means the postgis_raster extension is broken.  If I try to use the latest postgis34 packages, then it only brings in geos312.  That part works, but the problem becomes gdal36.   gdal36-python-tools brings in  EPEL's python3-gdal instead of PGDG gdal36-python3 from pgdg-common.

The python module "osgeo_utils" only comes with the PGDG gdal36-python3 package.  That means gdal36_python-tools / gdal_calc.py is dead.  I can't install gdal36-python3 on top of python3-gdal to get the osgeo_utils, because the packages conflict.

I have a big infrastructure as code project that relies on the PGDG RHEL8 repo.  GDAL, postgis_raster, gdal-python-tools....   it worked earlier this month, but it's now dead in the water.  Do we have a timeline here?  Am I stuck retooling this to build geos, gdal, and postgis from source?

-Tim