Re: Skip collecting decoded changes of already-aborted transactions

От Ajin Cherian
Тема Re: Skip collecting decoded changes of already-aborted transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 3:17 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

I resumed working on this item. I've attached the new version patch.

I rebased the patch to the current HEAD and updated comments and
commit messages. The patch is straightforward and I'm somewhat
satisfied with it, but I'm thinking of adding some tests for it.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada

I just had a look at the patch, the patch no longer applies because of a removal of a header in a recent commit. Overall the patch looks fine, and I didn't find any issues. Some cosmetic comments:
in ReorderBufferCheckTXNAbort()
+ /* Quick return if we've already knew the transaction status */
+ if (txn->aborted)
+ return true;

knew/know

/*
+ * If logical_replication_mode is "immediate", we don't check the
+ * transaction status so the caller always process this transaction.
+ */
+ if (debug_logical_replication_streaming == DEBUG_LOGICAL_REP_STREAMING_IMMEDIATE)
+ return false;

/process/processes

regards,
Ajin Cherian
Fujitsu Australia

Сообщение: Re: Add publisher and subscriber to glossary documentation.
Сообщение: Re: Add publisher and subscriber to glossary documentation.