Re: Just for fun: Postgres 20?

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Just for fun: Postgres 20?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 at 08:28, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
marcelo zen escribió:
> I'd rather have releases being made when the software is ready and not when
> the calendar year mandates it.
> It seems like a terrible idea.

But we do actually release on calendar year.  While it seems not
unreasonable that we might fail to ship in time, that would likely lead
to one month, two months of delay.  Four months?  I don't think anybody
even imagines such a long delay.  It would be seen as utter,
unacceptable failure of our release team.

All said, I think there's some merit to avoiding a PostgreSQL 13 release, because
there's enough superstition out there about the infamous "number 13."

Perhaps we could avert it by doing an "April Fool's Postgres 13" release?