Re: group by true now errors with non-integer constant in GROUP BY

От John Naylor
Тема Re: group by true now errors with non-integer constant in GROUP BY
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 8:55 AM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 at 13:02, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > BTW, I poked around and couldn't find anything explaining this
> > fine point in the SGML docs, although the comments in
> > findTargetlistEntrySQL92 are clear about it.  If we do anything
> > at all here, I think that ought to include documenting the behavior
> > more clearly (and I'm curious to see how you'd propose to explain
> > the behavior you want to users).
>
> The rule and how to explain it seems fairly simple to me. Integer
> constants are treated as column references to their corresponding
> 1-based position in the SELECT clause. Anything else is treated as an
> expression.

Seems reasonable to me.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: group by true now errors with non-integer constant in GROUP BY
От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #18074: After enabling JIT, the query runtime increased by over a thousand times.