Re: Draft release notes for next week's releases

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Draft release notes for next week's releases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
Oleg Bartunov-2 wrote
> But still, icu provides us abbreviated keys and collation stability,

Does include ICU mean that collation handling is identical across platforms?
E.g. a query on Linux involving string comparison would yield the same
result on MacOS and Windows?

Yes, it does and that's the most important issue for us.

If that is the case I'm all for it.

Currently the different behaviour in handling collation aware string
comparisons is a bug in my eyes from a user's perspective. I do understand
and can accept the technical reasons for that, but it still feels odd that a
query yields different results (with identical data) just because it runs on
a different platform.