Re: Update on new driver progress

От Florent Guillaume
Тема Re: Update on new driver progress
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Thanks for the update.

Florent

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Kevin Wooten <kdubb@me.com> wrote:
> Thought I'd give an update for those who are interested.  Work has progressed nicely and I have been migrating the
originalproject's unit tests to attempt to reach some level of compatibility between the implementations.  Currently
about80% of the unit test have been migrated and only 6 the test are not passing. The failing or erring tests are
mostlydue to, as yet uncommitted to differences, in the way the drivers work; once permanent decisions are made the
driverwill be fixed to conform or the test will be updated.  Up until now the focus has been on features and
conformancebut  I will be departing from that for a bit to do some performance analysis and enhancement before adding
anynew features.

> Here is an outline of the major things…
>
> Location
> * https://github.com/kdubb/pgjdbc-ng
>
> Requirements
> * 9.0 Server (may need to be 9.2 right now as 9.0 and 9.1 have not been tested much at all)
> * Java 7 / JDBC 4.1
>
> Dependencies
> * Reduced external dependencies to Netty and Google Guava.
> * Maven build (mvn package) produces a jar with dependencies
>
> Notable Supported Features
> * UDT's through standard SQLData, SQLInput/SQLOutput and also Struct. This includes arrays and composites of UDT's ad
infinitum
> * Custom type mappings - Connection.setTypeMap, ResultSet.getObject(idx, typeMap)
> * Pluggable serialization support (using java service mechanism and proprietary interfaces)
> * Binary format preference with Text mode fallback
> * All Database and Parameter meta data
> * Transactions / Savepoints
> * Blobs
>
> Notable Unsupported Features
> * Multiple Statements in a PreparedStatement (e.g ."SELECT ?; SELECT 2; SELECT ?").  This so far this has been
consciousdecision not to support this because it seems to give the illusion of preparation when the server in fact
doesn'tsupport preparing multiple statements.  Multiple statements are allowed in regular Statements.