Re: Is my lecturer wrong about PostgreSQL? I think he is!

От Geoff Winkless
Тема Re: Is my lecturer wrong about PostgreSQL? I think he is!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 at 09:31, Wim Bertels <wim.bertels@ucll.be> wrote:
> sometimes people are really a fan of certain product,
> sometimes in combination with the thought that all other products are
> bad; i don't know if this is the case, you could compare it with
> soccer, a barcalona fan will never become a real madrid fan and vice
> versa; so "rational" decisions (at first, based on some reasoning) tend
> to get loaded emotional feelings.

Yeah, this. Bear in mind it's possible that having made a sweeping
statement that he cannot back up and that he secretly knows was
unfounded, your lecturer will be defensive and uncomfortable. Chances
are after your conversation he will have gone away and done the same
research you did and may well have modified his opinion but will be
too embarrassed to admit that to you.

Geoff