Re: Non-replayable WAL records through overflows and >MaxAllocSize lengths

От Matthias van de Meent
Тема Re: Non-replayable WAL records through overflows and >MaxAllocSize lengths
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 7 Apr 2023, 01:35 Michael Paquier, <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 07, 2023 at 08:08:34AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> So bumping mainrdata_len to uint64 is actually not entirely in line
> with this code.  Well, it will work because we'd still fail a couple
> of lines down, but perhaps its readability should be improved so as
> we have an extra check in this code path to make sure that
> mainrdata_len is not higher than PG_UINT32_MAX, then use an
> intermediate casted variable before saving the length in the record
> data to make clear that the type of the main static length in
> xloginsert.c is not the same as what a record has?  The v10 I sent
> previously blocked this possibility, but not v11.

Yes, that was a bad oversight, which would've shown up in tests on a system with an endianness that my computer doesn't have...

So, I was thinking about something like the attached tweaking this
point, the error details a bit, applying an indentation and writing a
commit message...  Matthias?

That looks fine to me. Thanks for picking this up and fixing the issue.

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent