Re: btree: implement dynamic prefix truncation (was: Improving btree performance through specializing by key shape, take 2)

От Matthias van de Meent
Тема Re: btree: implement dynamic prefix truncation (was: Improving btree performance through specializing by key shape, take 2)
Дата
Ответ на Re: btree: implement dynamic prefix truncation (was: Improving btree performance through specializing by key shape, take 2)  (Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 24 Jan 2024 at 13:02, Matthias van de Meent
<boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1.
> > Commit message refers to a non-existing reference '(see [0])'.
>
> Noted, I'll update that.
>
> > 2.
> > +When we do a binary search on a sorted set (such as a BTree), we know that a
> > +tuple will be smaller than its left neighbour, and larger than its right
> > +neighbour.
> >
> > I think this should be 'larger than left neighbour and smaller than
> > right neighbour' instead of the other way around.
>
> Noted, will be fixed, too.

Attached is version 15 of this patch, with the above issues fixed.
It's also rebased on top of 655dc310 of this morning, so that should
keep good for some time again.

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent
Neon (https://neon.tech)

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Commitfest Manager for March
Сообщение: Re: Commitfest Manager for March