Re: initdb caching during tests

От Matthias van de Meent
Тема Re: initdb caching during tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 at 00:16, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2023-08-23 10:10:31 +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

> > > I am going back and forth on that one (as one can notice with $subject). It
> > > doesn't quite seem like a cache, as it's not "created" on demand and only
> > > usable when the exactly same parameters are used repeatedly. But template is
> > > overloaded as you say...
> >
> > That's a fair point, cache is not a good word to describe a stored copy of
> > something prefabricated.  Let's go with template, we can always refine in-tree
> > if a better wording comes along.
>
> Cool. Pushed that way. Only change I made is to redirect the output of cp
> (and/or robocopy) in pg_regress, similar to how that was done for initdb
> proper.

While working on some things that are prone to breaking initdb, I
noticed that this template isn't generated with --no-clean, while
pg_regress does do that. This meant `make check` didn't have any
meaningful debuggable output when I broke the processes in initdb,
which is undesirable.

Attached a patch that fixes this for both make and meson, by adding
--no-clean to the initdb template.

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent
Neon (https://neon.tech)

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO
Сообщение: Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO