Re: [17] CREATE SUBSCRIPTION ... SERVER

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [17] CREATE SUBSCRIPTION ... SERVER
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 5, 2024 at 6:26 AM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:

> > 2. Can one use {FDW, user_mapping, foreign_server} combo other than
> > the built-in pg_connection_fdw?
>
> Yes, you can use any FDW for which you have USAGE privileges, passes
> the validations, and provides enough of the expected fields to form a
> connection string.
>
> There was some discussion on this point already. Initially, I
> implemented it with more catalog and grammar support, which improved
> error checking, but others objected that the grammar wasn't worth it
> and that it was too inflexible. See:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/172273.1693403385%40sss.pgh.pa.us
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAExHW5unvpDv6yMSmqurHP7Du1PqoJFWVxeK-4YNm5EnoNJiSQ%40mail.gmail.com

Can you please provide an example using postgres_fdw to create a
subscription using this patch. I think we should document it in
postgres_fdw and add a test for the same.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

Сообщение: Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests
Сообщение: Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests