Re: Add small detail to RAISE statement descripton

От Igor Gnatyuk
Тема Re: Add small detail to RAISE statement descripton
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Hi.

Thank you for your letter. I tried to take your comments into account:
I added explanations to the condition_name, sqlstate options and
slightly changed
the explanations for USING. Attached you will find new patch version.
Thank you for your help.

Ragards, Igor Gnatyuk

ср, 15 мая 2024 г. в 12:18, jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com>:

> On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 11:09 PM Igor Gnatyuk <ig953or@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > There is a slight syntax inaccuracy in the description of the RAISE
> > statement - assignments of parameter values in USING.
> > (Chapter 43. PL/pgSQL — SQL Procedural Language / 43.9 Errors and
> > Messages / 43.9.1 Reporting Errors and Messages):
> >
> > "...You can attach additional information to the error report by
> > writing USING followed by option = expression items..."
> > It should, apparently, be like this: "...option { = | := } expression..."
> >
> > The patch corrects this little omission. Attached: fix_doc_raise.patch
> >
> > Regards, Igor Gnatyuk
>

> while at it,
> I found out there is no brief explanation of:
> <replaceable class="parameter">condition_name</replaceable>
> and
> <replaceable class="parameter">sqlstate</replaceable>
> should we add it?
>
> one more minor thing.
>
>     You can attach additional information to the error report by writing
>     <literal>USING</literal> followed by <replaceable
>     class="parameter">option</replaceable> { = | := } <replaceable
>     class="parameter">expression</replaceable> items.  Each
>
> we are not in <synopsis>, maybe
>
>     You can attach additional information to the error report by writing
>     <literal>USING</literal> followed by <replaceable
>     class="parameter">option</replaceable> = <replaceable
>     class="parameter">expression</replaceable> or
>      <replaceable class="parameter">option</replaceable> :=
> <replaceable class="parameter">expression</replaceable>
>     items
>
> will make it more clear.

Вложения