how is the WAL receiver process stopped and restarted when the network connection is broken and then restored?

От Rui Hai Jiang
Тема how is the WAL receiver process stopped and restarted when the network connection is broken and then restored?
Дата
Ответы Re: how is the WAL receiver process stopped and restarted when the network connection is broken and then restored?  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I have one Primary server and one Standby server. They are doing streaming replication well.

I  did some testing. I broke the network connection between them for a few minutes, and then restored the network. I found the both the WAL sender and WAL receiver were stopped and the restarted.

I wonder how WAL receiver process is stopped and restarted. I have checked the code hoping to find out the answer, but I don't have any clue.

Could anyone help?

Thanks,
Rui Hai