Re: Synchronous replication

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Synchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On 01/13/2016 12:28 PM, jwiencek3@comcast.net wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to set up synchronous replication to more that one node
>> in a cluster?  Or, am I limited to one synchronous node and one
>> asynchronous node?
>

> Yes you can have N number of synchronous slaves. However, be careful. It can
> be a huge performance hit.

Note that only one of the listed standbys is a synchronous standby at
any given time though.  That is, when you commit, the primary server
will wait just for that one server to report that it has fsync'ed the
WAL.  (There is a patch being developed to change that so that you
might be able to wait for more than one in a future release).

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com