Re:

От Johan Antonissen
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello!

Ok thanx for the information the clarification! I’m getting a ton of errors when I do a migration after running that line but then I guess there’s a bug in the code of the book. I also see that it’s GitHub has not been updated since 2021. I’m just going for another book then!

Thank you again for the help!

On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 at 17:46, Josh Innis <joshinnis@gmail.com> wrote:
+1

On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 10:54 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Johan Antonissen <windhoos@gmail.com> writes:
> However when I try to deploy django and connect to my postgres server
> postgres gives me a permission error:

> python manage.py sqlcreate | sudo -u postgres psql -U postgres

> results to:

> Could not change directory ... permission deniedCREATE ROLECREATE DATABASEGRANT

The "Could not change directory ... permission denied" part is mostly
cosmetic.  It happens when psql is invoked in a current working
directory that the postgres user can't read.  The fact that you're
getting "CREATE ROLE", "CREATE DATABASE", etc command completion
acknowledgements indicates that the SQL script is executing
successfully anyway.  So what you've showed us doesn't really
indicate that anything is wrong; although you could try it from
a publicly-readable starting directory if you want to be sure.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Johan Antonissen