Re: Dump-restore loosing 'attnotnull' bit for DEFERRABLE PRIMARY KEY column(s).

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: Dump-restore loosing 'attnotnull' bit for DEFERRABLE PRIMARY KEY column(s).
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 7 Mar 2024 at 13:00, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> So I think the original developers of REPLICA IDENTITY had the right
> idea here (commit 07cacba983ef), and we mustn't change this aspect,
> because it'll lead to data corruption in replication.  Using a deferred
> PK for DDL considerations seems OK, but it seems certain that for actual
> data replication it's going to be a disaster.

Yes, that makes sense. If I understand correctly though, the
replication code uses relation->rd_replidindex (not
relation->rd_pkindex), although sometimes it's the same thing. So can
we get away with making sure that RelationGetIndexList() doesn't set
relation->rd_replidindex to a deferrable PK, while still allowing
relation->rd_pkindex to be one?

Regards,
Dean