RHEL8: barman broken by new psycopg2 package?

От Cameron Murdoch
Тема RHEL8: barman broken by new psycopg2 package?
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

python3-psycopg2-2.9.9-2PGDG.rhel8.x86_64.rpm is built as a python 3.9 package but python3-barman-3.9.0-1PGDG.rhel8.noarch.rpm is still on python 3.6. This broke our backup servers before I downgraded psycopg2.

I see that pyscopg2 has dropped support for python 3.6, so I don't know what the correct fix is. Build python3-barman for python39? Build packages for both python 3.6 and python 3.9, using the latest psycopg2 that supports 3.6?

On my rhel8 systems there seems to be a "standard" that packages that start with "python3-" are built for python36 so at the very least the name is confusing.

Thanks
Cameron